Monday, January 23, 2006


Great weekend writing!

While I fell slightly short of my goal, I feel as though things are flowing really well. I also had some moments where new twists and things came into play.. I'm up to about 48 pages, but I did about 3 pages worth of re-writes on top of the new pages that I'd written..

Also, I managed to find some time to read "The DVX Book". If you're even thinking about using this camera, this book is a great investment because it not only explains the DVX, but how things work in the camera, standards, and just a bunch of good stuff any digital cinematographer would want to know. Lots of really useful information, pretty techie, but not so bad that it's incomprehensible.

In looking at the latest cut of my new reality concept again and again and again, I have to say how grateful I am to the editor I worked with last week who truly pulled it all together, Ryan Little. While he used we used my original trailer as a guide, Ryan pulled out some footage from the shoot that really made the trailer more compelling and enhanced it quite a bit beyond what it had been. His addition of the cool graphics at the start and finish of the piece were a great touch as well. Lots of nice touches, as well as great value additions to the narrative. He's very pro to work with and I hope to work with him again on something soon. He's done a really kick ass job on two of my concept trailers.. I'm hoping that I can say more about them soon, but for now, I have to reveal as little as possible. :)



No comments: