Sunday, January 15, 2006


Good progress on the screenplay today. I made the progress that I was hoping to. Mostly continuing to work in the Gail character. The original Heist script started out as an idea for a short, but it kept getting longer and longer.

As I've added things, I think its become more interesting. I still have 50 pages to go before it can really be considered "feature length". Rule of thumb is that one page of screenplay equates to roughly one minute of scrren time. I have 35 pages now, so I'll need roughly 85 pages before I can call it done. I think I have enough story to make that happen now.

I think that from a production standpoint, the trickiest thing will be the armored car, but I'm sure that if we get creative, that can be solved.

My goal is to have the screenplay done by the end of January.

2 comments:

Tom said...

I actually use Movie Magic Screenwriter 2000, but I've heard about a new freeware screenwriting software/production software package that has things like production breakdowns, and collaborative script development. I'm so fed up with screenwriter, I may switch to it soon.

Thanks for the comment!

Tom said...

Don,

That's it!!!

I couldn't remember the name, only that it started with a "c"... Thanks so much and thanks once again for reading!

Best,

-tom