Monday, January 09, 2006


At long last, I enter the blogosphere..

Yesterday while snowboarding in New Hampshire, a couple of things occurred to me:
  • At 40, time is getting short if I'm to make it in the film industry, so my next project has to be something rather special - probably a feature.
  • If I'm going to do a feature, why not blog it and share what I learn, the good bad and ugly with others? Besides that, making my goal public may serve to keep the fire under my ass well stoked.

So here I am...

As I go through this, I'll talk more about myself, what I've done, what got me here, etc. etc.

Basically, after one short film and a couple smallish documentary style projects, the bottom line is that I'm pretty convinced that my next project needs to be a feature length film - not something mediocre, but something that looks like I spent way more than I did.

Anyone that knows anything about filmmaking knows that this is a non-trivial undertaking. Producing a feature even with the advent of all the new and powerful technology available to small indie filmmakers is very difficult.

I know it's a very tough, somewhat audacious goal, but I love filmmaking and I'm willing to accept the risk. I guess what's always bothered me more than risk is not trying something at all.

No comments: