Friday, February 24, 2006


Draft 3 completed of Heist!

Apologies for not being as diligent with my blog posts. Work has been crazy and my kids have been sick, but still, I've managed to squeeze in enough time to complete a second and third draft.

Based on feedback from James on my first draft, I'd incorporated some new changes and twists. I also included what I felt was a more satisfying showdown between two of the principals. While it still fell a little flat, both James and I felt as though we were on a much better direction. I think that the latest draft fills most of the holes. However, I still think that we'll need another draft or two to clean things up and get the dialog in shape. I finished the new (third) draft and sent it to James tonight.

I also managed to find time this weekend to work on a screenplay that I'd put on the back burner for the past year or so. I had about 65 pages written of it. It's a kids movie called "Rescuing Champ". My daughter gave me the idea for it. She was tickled that I've resumed work on it. I managed to get most of the way through the draft that I'd been working on - did a bunch of clean up and changed some of the plot a bit. I don't want to say too much about what it's about just yet. I don't have it registered. Once I complete it, I'll post a synopsis.


No comments: