Thursday, February 16, 2006

Good feedback from James on the initial draft..

It was funny because when we talked about it, it was almost as if I knew what parts were going to fall flat for him, and I was right about most of them. He was right to tear apart what he did, and it was great because it challenged me as a writer to develop solutions that would hold up to his standard. As a result, I think we have a story that's quite a bit better than I'd hoped for already.

I've only managed to get through a rework of the opening this weekend. Not because I'm at a loss of words - more so a lack of time. I had a request for a synopsis of another of my screenplays over the weekend from a company called Andrew Lauren Productions in New York. ALP is the production company that brought us "The Squid and the Whale" which I've not seen yet but hope to soon. It would be great if they followed up with a request of the script based on the synopsis.

James bought a new camera - the one that we'll be using to shoot Heist. Its the JVC GY-hd101E. It's HDV, so the resolution is better, AND you can use different lenses with it, which is cool. I'm very fired up about it.

1 comment:

GT said...

How exciting! It will be interesting to read about your journey...

Good luck!

-Nel