Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Script Progress

I'm pretty sure at some point I'd mentioned that we'd changed the name of the feature from "Heist" to "In the Light of Day". James and I now refer to the film in our discussions as "LOD".

When James and I met last week, we'd decided that we had to really start putting stakes in the ground with regard to progress. We basically are both of the opinion that if we can't set goals and stick to them, we'll never get the project off the ground because we're both easily swept up into other things that can distract us. So the tone of the meeting really centered around focus which was good because we need it if we're going to get on/stay on track. :-)

My commit was to have the next draft (the one that will serve as the basis for at least the initial production breakdown) by Friday of this week. A tad ambitious perhaps, but I've been doing pretty good at staying on target to meet that goal.

The draft that I'm currently working on doesn't really include any sweeping plot changes - it's mostly cleanup, with a few key changes that we felt helped eliminate a few things that were passé or didn't do much to help the story. Once I get the draft completed, I'll have time post some information about the basic plot and some of the changes that we made in this draft. Once the script has been registered with the writers guild, I'll think about posting it (or maybe pieces of it) as a pdf for people to have a look at.

No comments: