Saturday, November 10, 2007

Every now and then something happens in my life where I come up with a good line or exchange dialog with someone on the fly that leaves me thinking that it was almost worth writing it down for use in a film somewhere. My partner James Tauber actually mentioned a few instances of that having happened to him. Ever since he'd mentioned it, I've started noticing it more myself.

Today, I had an exchange with my daughter that finally made me decide to keep track of those interesting bits of dialog and life for later use in a fictional context. The hope of course being that incorporating them into my writing that might help lend more authenticity to it... We'll see. I'm just using a word doc to keep track of them for the moment, perhaps I'll do something more elaborate at some point, but that should work for now. In addition to the exchange with my daughter, I've thrown a few others in there that I'd cached in the back of my head.

James and I had a good meeting this week. We've actually started putting stakes in the ground around getting the script done and the production breakdown completed. The plan with the budgeting exercise is to do sort of the "dream budget" and work back from there.

We also talked about setting up a time to do some shooting with his new camera so that we can get used to its capabilities and experiment with looks. I'm really looking forward to that.

No comments: