Saturday, November 17, 2007

LOD Draft Complete!

Finally we have a draft that we can use for a production breakdown. We do have a review and polish draft that we need to do then send it out for coverage at least once (possibly twice) more before we consider it done and ready to shoot. I just think it makes sense to have the thing vetted by an outside source or two before we start spending real dollars and committing resources to it.

James came up with some great edits and story ideas. I cleaned up a bunch of dialog, and reworked a couple of sequences. It's nice because it's feeling more and more like a movie with each draft. I'm getting to know the characters more, and the arcs are fitting much tighter. James idea for the reveal toward the end makes it cool, it's all falling into place rather nicely. We also did away with some of the complexities that were a bit confusing. The ending is much cleaner now. It's really been a collaborative effort to get the rework done, and that feels good.

I'm a day later than I promised I'd have it done, but that's not too bad for the world of indie production I suppose. At least we're moving forward and we reached a major milestone pretty much when we said we would.

No comments: