Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Nicholl Confirmations

The other day I finally got the letters confirming my first two ever entries into the Nicholl Screenwriting Fellowship, regarded by many as the only screenwriting contest in the industry that really matters. I don't think I have a prayer of even making the quarter finals. The letter indicated there were 5,200 entries this year; not a record, but a respectable number nonetheless. Regardless of what happens, t's fun just knowing that I'm in, any good news will be a bonus. They tell you not to expect to hear anything until the first week in August.

A few weeks ago, I met with a company in the Boston area that produces small independent feature films, and just landed a deal to produce a bunch of "movie of the week" films for major cable network. They're also looking for some new, small budget indie features they can produce on their own, so I gave them a copy of LOD for the hell of it, which they apparently liked - I have meeting to discuss it with them next week. It was interesting because when I asked the president of the production company if he liked LOD, his response was, "I enjoyed it, but... You seemed like such a nice young man." I'm not sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing, but I suppose I'll find out next week.

1 comment:

annabel said...

Best of luck with both!