Tuesday, December 11, 2007

LOD Breakdown

So for once James isn't waiting on me. :) He's close to having the initial production breakdown for LOD completed, which is great.

In the mean time, I've been watching a bunch of films, heist movies and thrillers mostly just looking for some inspiration for LOD. I keep going back over the script, massaging it in various places. We do have one piece of connective tissue that's missing. The problem is that I've been trying to incorporate it in a really cool and subtle way. It's one of those small details really, but it has the potential to be that really sweet ah ha moment in the film where all the pieces fall in place for everyone. Apart from that, I'm mostly pleased with the latest draft of the script. However, I do think that James and I need a few nights where we just hammer the thing, finding all its faults and reworking dialog to give it that next level of refinement and memorable if not quotable lines...

For now, I'm back to working on my documentary, "The Silver Eagle Story". In going over the footage again last night, I was really surprised and pleased not only with the quality of the stuff that I shot (most of which I'll attribute to the wonderful DVX 100B camera that was used), but with the content. However, I'm sure there are dozens of holes yet to be filled, so the next task is logging what I've got and trying to sort out what story I'm trying to tell and what footage I'll need to finish it. I'm really itching to get something into the festival circuit this season, and I think this film may have some potential for that.

The following clip is a short that I cut from my footage for the folks at Silver Eagle back in June. The idea was for them to use it as a way to introduce potential investors to the story. There are some great sequences in this bit that I will be using in the finished film, though the progression and style that's used will likely change somewhat. As an introduction to the story and the new players, I think it works even though it uses more "talking head" footage than I'd like to see in the finished full length film.


No comments: